Monday, November 19, 2012

The Best Medicine for Acid Reflux/Acid Indigestion

Over the years, I have tried many over the counter medications for Acid Indigestion and Acid Reflux.
I have had different Doctors recommend Prilosec, Prevacid and Pepcid AC. Of course, they also inform you "some of these medications can take weeks to get into your system".

I tried those recommended medications for 6-8 weeks each. They provided absolutely no relief for me whatsoever. (Neither did Tums or Rolaids.)

In 2011, a friend recommended "zantac". I figured it would be like the others and take weeks.

HOWEVER, about an hour or so after taking that first pill, I felt 100% better! I was shocked to say the least. I had never had an Acid Reflux/Acid Indigestion medicine work for me prior to that.

And what is even better, is that I can once again eat the foods that I had to avoid for years.

3 comments:

The Guy said...

Acid reflux is something I've suffered from in a while.

Here in the UK they give me Omeprazole and Domperidone which seems to control mine. It took over a year to find a solution for me though.

Unknown said...

I only get this once in a while and it depends on what I eat. If its a late dinner with certain foods I end up with acid reflux and indigestion This is good to know.

Unknown said...

I keep my shelf stocked with zantac. Sometimes I take one in the morning and one at night. I rarely get acid indigestion any more thanks to this one medicine. If my friend had not recommended it to me, I would still be living in misery and limited on what foods to eat.