Sunday, December 30, 2012

Read a Blog Before You Judge

As any other blogger, I have been looking for ways to get my blog "out there." I use social media, occasional commenting on other blogs, and I also use a few blog directories/communities. (Check out my post on Bloggers.com, they are the best!

Now, I can understand the need for human edited blog directories, with all the junk and spam out there. But there is one major problem with human edited blog directories as well...


If the individuals who are "running" these type of sites actually browse through your blog, that is great. They will get an idea of what your blog is about, etc.

However, if they get to your site, see just the last post or two and decline you... That is a problem, they have "pre-judged" your site. Whether it's because they were in a hurry or because your blog just bored them, whatever the reason, it's wrong.

And if you have reviews on your site (like me), Some directories (like blogcatalog) will not even take the time to read your "Disclaimer" page. (Thanks Google Analytics) They just turn you down. (Assuming you are paid, a splog, whatever.)

Anyway, their loss; not mine. I know what my blog is about, they don't. There are more fish in the sea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thnx 4 sharing. I heard others talkin bout this place too. My blog is new. But I will never go to that site. I checked ur about me page n added u to fb.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment and the add to facebook. Happy New Year!